Friday, March 6, 2009

Dave Alvin interview this Sunday!


Hi, Jon Noe here. Host of The Juke Joint. The best in 1940's and 50's Rhythm and Blues. Join me this Sunday March 8th at 1:00 when I'll be interviewing Grammy Award winner Dave Alvin. We'll be talking R&B and I'll be playing some songs that he and his old band The Blasters have covered over the years. I'll also feature some of his newer material that pays homage to the old Rhythm and Blues masters. Don't miss it on 90.7 FM KSER. Listen online at www.kser.org

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Hey John, that's great! Dave Alvin is fantastic. "Independence Day" is one of my favorite songs. His California album is mighty. I met him once at Loyola Marymount University; we talked for a little while. He must remember Chris D of The Flesheaters ... A couple of The Blasters were also in that band. Chris works at the American Cinematheque and coprograms the NOIR CITY festival with me in LA.